Driftwood Caravan Surfboards
5'10 Mini Simmons - Driftwood Caravan x Surfing With Friends
This is a Limited Edition artist collaboration featuring Shapes by Driftwood Caravan and artwork by Surfing with Friends - Mauro Ferraro. The plan shape is my 5'10 SIM (Mini Simmons).
The DC Sim is my version of the modern planing hull, inspired by the design of Bob Simmons. In my experience, this is one of the most versatile twin fin surfboard designs ever developed. Short, wide and full for its size, these boards paddle easy, and can be ridden in an extremely wide variety of conditions. These make a great alternative to the classic twin keel fish and offer a truly unique surfing experience.
Some of the key design characteristics of this shape are the full outline with volume carried to the rail, rolled entry to flat with concave off the tail. The rear portion of the lower rail is a hard angle designed for the release of water off the extra wide tail. This board comes standard with glassed on single foil keels.
- Shaped from Millennium Gold Density Foam
- 1/8” Natural Redwood Stringer
- 2x 6oz Deck
- 1x 6oz Bottom
- Clear Sanded Gloss Finish. Golden resin tint over graphic sublimation print In fiberglass cloth
- Original Graphic artwork by Mauro Ferraro
- Hand Foiled Glass On Marine Ply Keels
- Stock Dimensions 5'10 x 19" x 21.5" x 18.5" x 3"
- Also Available as CUSTOM ORDER in other sizes
Worldwide Shipping available - email for shipping quote.READY TO SHIP. Email for shipping quote. Free Local pickup.