Driftwood Caravan Surfboards
Custom Order Single Fin Surfboard DC Teardrop "Hot Bit" - Driftwood Caravan x Surfing With Friends
This is a Limited Edition artist collaboration featuring Shapes by Driftwood Caravan and artwork by Surfing with Friends - Mauro Ferraro. The plan shape is my 7'6 Double Ender.
The DC teardrop is a my twist on the single fin pin tail surfboards of the late 60's/early 70's. This fast riding, smooth flowing shape is for those who enjoy the experience of glide and a fast ride on steeper days. Other than the obvious pulled in nose and thin pin tail, I have also put more edge and a slight amount of vee in the tail section of this board so you can step over the fin to shift or pivot.
The main design characteristics of the DC Teardrop are a rolled entry with a slight flip in the tip for easy entry into steeper waves, a rolled entry into a hard edge/vee in the tail, domed deck and wide point slightly ahead of center. This board was designed for performance in critical situations and still has plenty of volume and surface for easy paddle and surf in waist to head-high California surf.
- Shaped from Millennium Medium Density Foam
- 1/8” Natural Redwood Stringer
- 2x 8oz Volan Deck with Volan Deck Patch
- 1x 8oz Volan Bottom with Volan Tail Patch
- Resin Tint with Gloss and Polish Finish. Graphic is sublimation printed In fiberglass cloth
- Original Graphic artwork by Mauro Ferraro
- Glass on Leash Loop
- Stock Dimensions 7'2 x 22" x 3"
- Also Available as CUSTOM ORDER in other sizes
Worldwide Shipping available - email for shipping quote.MADE TO ORDER. EST Delivery 6-8 weeks from purchase